Let's be real: online shopping is fun, but shipping costs and info can be more than a little confusing at times! So if you're ready to make your purchase or thinking of making one, here's everything you need to know about Dessert by Deb's shipping costs and policies:
- Dessert by Deb ships within Canada and to the United States (no international shipping yet but hopefully later on this year I'll be able to add some rates!)
- parcels are generally shipped via Canada Post. Occasionally I may use a courier such as UPS, Purolator, or Canpar if there is a big enough difference in shipping timeframe (2 days versus 6 days, for example). However, I know there are condos and apartments that may not accept courier delivery services and as such, I will always send an email out first asking if using a courier to ship your parcel is okay with you!
- Shipping costs for Canada: $10 for standard shipping within Ontario for regular parcels (super heavy ones that are over 1kg will clock in at $15) and $15 standard shipping for the rest of Canada with heavy parcels at $20 for over 1 kg. HST tax is charged on taxable items (everything but tea) and shipping charges as I am obligated to report taxes to the CRA as a business. If I don't, they will hunt me down. We both don't want that.
- Shipping costs for United States: $12 for standard shipping (in CDN currency, it will be less in USD); heavier parcels will either cost $15 for heavier parcels or $20 for super heavy.
- All parcels shipped within Canada come with tracking. Parcels shipped to the United States don't. While I've never had an issue shipping anything to the US for the past 15 years I've been shipping things, if for any reason you need tracking and/or insurance, please contact me prior to making your purchase by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try my best to get you a quote.
- "but Deb, all I want are a few greeting cards or a notebook! Do I really have to pay $10+ for shipping?" Glad you asked! Because Shopify only allows me to choose 1 default shipping parcel size, I am unable to choose my bubble mailer as my default option as I generally ship parcels in boxes. So! If you are interested in only purchasing a few paper items or a notebook, etc., PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL at email@example.com and I will give you a letter mail quote
SHIPPING PARCELS AS GIFTS TO MULTIPLE RECIPIENTS
- do you wish to send some of Dessert by Deb's tea goodies as gifts to friends and family? Awesome! What you need to do is place a separate order for EACH mailing address you'd like the items sent to and packages will be dolled up in normal Dessert by Deb fashion and if you'd like a personalized card/note included, just include what you'd like written in the notes section at checkout.